The Time Trial is often called ‘the race of truth’. Just you and the trail, against the clock. For our Ranger Ultras’ PB55 UTT you choose the pace: An enjoyable run in the company of friends. Or go long, flat-out and feel the challenge as you try and set the best personal or overall race time of the day.
The Course: Pennine Bridleway from historic Hayfield village, south 27.5km out and 27.5km back. The course turn is at car park (Grid ref SK 1120 7248) and will race signed on the approach. GPX files will be sent out to all entries well in advance of the event. A combination of fast trails, challenging ascents and superb Peak District scenery. The PB55 UTT is a great opportunity for runners new to off-road, as well as a great middle-distance trail challenge for experienced athletes. Total ascent is 1711 metres.
The PB55 UTT is great spring season trail ultra in our usual Ranger Ultras ‘low-key, high value’ style, which runners tell us they love. Also an excellent choice for ‘marathon to ultra’ runners. Self-navigating, but straightforward route finding with official Pennine Bridleway finger posts to help you along the way. We will also have our Ranger Ultras’ Safety Team support at HQ, and on-course.
**Revised date for 2021 – to allow additional time for Covid-19 alleviation and vaccine roll out. **
Si-Entries – Saturday 25th September 2021 – PB55 Ultra Time Trial
ITINERARY ON THE DAY
- Race HQ open
- Race HQ: Hayfield Cricket Pavilion (far side of The Royal Hotel car park), Hayfield, High Peak, SK22 2LD
- Note: See our Ranger Ultras PB55 UTT web page for village parking instructions and ideas for local accommodation
08:30 to 10:00
- You choose what time to check in at Race HQ between 08:30 and 10:00
- Please try to time your arrival to at least 30 minutes of your intended start time
- Please bring personal photo identification eg driving licence, identity card
- There will be a kit check (all compulsory items to be carried) and race number issue
09:30 to 10:30
- You choose your approximate start time between 09:30 and 10:30
- Report to race start timekeeper at Race HQ
- Your individual start time will be recorded and you may proceed onto the course.
- You may, if you wish, start with friends so you can run together.
- There will be an aid-station at the Rushup Edge (10km out & 45km return) and the half way turn (27.5km)
- Note: For a valid race time, runners must report their race number to the marshal at the course-turn.
- On finishing the PB55 UTT back at Race HQ the timekeeper will record your finishing time.
- 21:00 Cut off time for all PB55 UTT runners to be back at Race HQ
FINISH / RESULTS
Hot drinks and refreshments will be available at HQ for finishers
- Finishers medals will be presented at Race HQ
- TT staggered start format means that the race winner award will not be certain until the last runner has passed the finish line.
- The timekeepers results board will be on view at Race HQ
- Full verified results and Winners will be emailed to all participants and published online within 5 days of race completion: Ranger Ultras website & Ranger Ultras Facebook page.
- You may, if you wish, wait or pop back to HQ at the end of the day to see the provisional results
- Winners trophies will be posted to runners who wish to head home before results are available
Ranger Safety Team Support
At RACE TURN: Snacks, fruit, water
At HQ: Tea/Coffee/ Soft drinks, Pizza
Trophies for 1st Male and 1st Female
Trophies for Age Cat 18-24, 25-49, 50+
minimum entry age 20
Trail Running Association Permit #TBA