PENNINE BRIDLEWAY – ULTRA CHALLENGE
Middleton Top to Kirkby Stephen
270km (168 miles) in 100 hours
For the past few years we’ve been organising our Ranger Ultras series of races, many of which utilise sections of the Pennine Bridleway. During this time many of you have told us how much you enjoy our low-key, low environmental impact style of events. This, along with our trail fee contributions, has helped National Trails and the Peak District National Park with ongoing trail maintenance costs. For the past 3 years we have earned the National Trails Supporter’ badge. We were the first trail events organisation that is was awarded to.
Our meticulous safety planning and attention to detail has already helped other race events grow to international success.
So, we thought, lets join things up and offer a cracker of a trail race. The full Pennine Bridleway, from the start in Middleton Top all the way to Kirkby Stephen. Next we’ve added a 100 hour time limit, to make it a worthy, but achievable, challenge for every ultra runner. A great multi-day race, in less than a week.
Our current Ranger Ultras races offer a progression of ultra and trail running experience, for your build up to the PBW-UC. As well as mini-recce opportunities on the Pennine Bridleway. From our 18 and 55km Trail Time Trials on the Pennine Bridleway. To tough long day races like the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra. The High Peak 100km Cromford to Whaley Bridge ultra. And our Peak District South & North two day stage race.
The PBW-UC is a superb, fresh, adventure over inspiring fells and moors.
Up to 5 days on the Pennine Bridleway for steady, ‘going for the finish’, trail enthusiasts as well as elite athletes.
- Four intermediate checkpoints
- Indoor sleeping at checkpoints
- Home cooked hot food at checkpoints
- Your drop bag moved up to each checkpoint
- Checkpoint team
- On course safety team and marshals
- On course water replenishment stations
- Trophies for Male, Female winners and 2nd, 3rd places
- Trophies for age category winners
- Medals for all finishers
- Option to join our Ranger Ultras ‘Medals for Wildlife’ fundraising
- Trail Fee contribution to National Trails
- Trail Fee contribution to National Parks Authorities for trail maintenance projects
- Entry discounts for volunteers
Ranger Ultras’ Pennine Bridleway – 100 hour – Ultra Challenge
Stay tuned. Entries opening soon.