Ranger Ultras welcomes volunteers onto the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra – Ranger Safety Team (RST).
- On Course Safety Team
- Hill top monitoring & checkpoints
- Road head monitoring & checkpoints
- Course sweeping in selected areas
- Racer pick ups from road heads
- Assisting racers in difficulty to safe locations
- Assisting with Race Registration, Kit checks, HQ Support
- Race Control
- Call log and racer location monitoring
- RST deployments
- HQ support
- Heating and plating meals
- Racer welfare whilst in HQ
- HQ organisation
Thursday 20th October 18:00 – Meet at Hawes Market House for Check in, Pre-race Briefing, Kit Check and Pasta Party.
Friday 21st October 2016 08:00 – Race Start
Saturday 22nd October 08:00 – Race Finish / Cut off time for non-completers.
We’re offering a enjoyable and action packed time in some of the best hills, vales, moors and dales in the country. There will be the chance to work alongside industry professionals, within a supportive team environment where we value camaraderie. Joining the RST is also a great way to learn more about the skills and strategies of ultra racing.
Breakfast, plus at least one hot meal each day, tea, coffee, soft drinks will be provided along with the pre-race pasta party. If you use your car for driving to checkpoint locations we will refund your fuel costs whilst on the race.
We’re also offering all our volunteers joining us for the whole of the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra a choice of one of the following:
- Free entry into next year’s Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra
- Free entry into either Stage 1 or Stage 2 Peak District South 2 North
(Please note, volunteer offers are valid for 12 months & are not transferable to anyone else)
TO JOIN THE TEAM
Please email us the following details, we’ll add you to the Ranger Safety Team circular to keep you updated with team news and plans for the race.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your mobile number
- Date Of Birth
- Event: Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra / Peak District South 2 North
- Preferred role: On Course Safety / Race Control / HQ
- Your Shirt Size: S / M / L / XL
- Do you have your own vehicle
- Emergency contact name (& relationship)
- Emergency contact number
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to you joining us on the 2016 Yorkshire 3 Peaks Ultra – Ranger Ultras Safety Team.
Race Directors, Stu Westfield & Peter Lowton