The Time Trial is often called ‘the race of truth’. Just you and the trail, against the clock. For our Ranger Ultras’ PB18 TTT you choose the pace: An enjoyable run in the company of friends, or go flat-out and feel the challenge as you try and set the best personal or overall race time of the day.
The Course: Pennine Bridleway from historic Hayfield village to Rushup Edge and back. A combination of fast trails, challenging ascents and superb Peak District scenery. The PB18 TTT is a great opportunity for runners new to off-road, as well as a great middle-distance trail challenge for experienced athletes. Total ascent is 806 metres.
The PB18 TTT is a great spring season trail race in our usual ‘low-key, high value’ style of Ranger Ultras’ events, which runner tell us they love. Also a excellent choice for ‘tarmac to trail’ runners. Self-navigating, but straightforward route finding with official Pennine Bridleway finger posts to help you along the way. We will also have our Ranger Ultras’ Safety Team support at HQ, and on-course.
ITINERARY ON THE DAY
Saturday 3th April 2021 – PB18 Trail Time Trial
- Race HQ open
- Race HQ: Hayfield Cricket Pavilion (far side of The Royal Hotel car park), Hayfield, High Peak, SK22 2LD
- Note: See our Ranger Ultras PB18 TTT web page for village parking instructions and ideas for local accommodation
09:30 to 12:00
- You choose what time to check in at Race HQ between 09:30 and 12:00 midday
- Please try to time your arrival to at least 30 minutes of your intended start time
- Please bring personal photo identification eg driving licence, identity card
- There will be a kit check (all compulsory items to be carried) and race number issue
10:00 to 12:30
- You choose your approximate start time between 10:00 and 12:30
- Report to race start timekeeper at Race HQ
- Your individual start time will be recorded and you may proceed onto the course.
- You may, if you wish, start with friends so you can run together.
- There will be an aid-station at the Rushup Edge half-way turn.
- Note: For a valid race time, runners must report their race number to the marshal at the course-turn.
- On finishing the PB18 back at Race HQ the timekeeper will record your finishing time.
- 17:00 Cut off time for all PB18 runners to be back at Race HQ
FINISH / RESULTS
- Hot drinks and refreshments will be available at HQ for finishers
- Finishers medals will be presented at Race HQ
- TT staggered start format means that the race winner award will not be certain until the last runner has passed the finish line.
- The timekeepers results board will be on view at Race HQ
- Full verified results and Winners will be emailed to all participants and published online within 5 days of race completion: Ranger Ultras website & Ranger Ultras Facebook page.
- You may, if you wish, wait or pop back to HQ at the end of the day to see the provisional results
- Winners trophies will be posted to runners who wish to head home before results are available
Ranger Safety Team Support
At RACE TURN: Snacks, fruit, water
At HQ: Tea/Coffee/ Soft drinks, Pizza
Trophies for 1st Male and 1st Female
Trophies for Age Cat 18-24, 25-49, 50+
Minimum entry age 18
Trail Running Association Permit #TBA